In keeping with the recent handicapping theme, analyst Mike Hook of Pregame.com joins Homerism for a two-part preview of the national college football landscape. In part one, we look at some of the keys to being a successful handicapper on the national level. Also, Mike turns the tables on Homerism to help him get a better handle on the Oklahoma Sooners in 2010.
Other topics we cover include:
- Mike's take on the differences between handicapping analysis and run-of-the-mill punditry;
- the importance of scheduling in college football handicapping, as well as experience on the lines and coaching continuity;
- Mike's outlook for OU, including his concerns about the cornerbacks and special teams;
- the potential that San Diego standout receiver Kenny Stills could make a special immediately; and
- OU head coach Bob Stoops' reputation among the sharp bettors.