George Schroeder of The Eugene Register-Guard is one of the best college football columnists out there and has covered the sport all over the country. Homerism finally browbeat Schroeder into sitting down for a podcast to preview the Oregon Ducks' follow-up act to the 2010 run to the national title game. With the news breaking that Ohio State coach Jim Tressel is dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight of the NCAA, I was lucky enough to get George's read on that situation and a few of the other big stories in an eventful college football offseason, too.
George and I cover:
- Tressel's cloudy future in Columbus;
- the differences between Tatgate and the Reggie Bush case;
- Will Lyles and the scrutiny on street agents;
- the recent BCS antitrust lawsuit;
- the long-term outlook for the Pac-12;
- Chip Kelly's coaching chops;
- concerns on the Oregon offensive line; and
- Kiko Alonso's potential breakout season.
(Subscribe to the podcast through iTunes. Rate the podcast with iTunes, too, if you get a chance. Thanks.)