So it turns out that Friday will be one of the best days of the college football offseason, as the Golden Nugget is releasing the advance lines on its college football "games of the year" for 2011. (Here's a refresher from last season on how it works.) Although it's just one shop, these give some pretty good insight into how Vegas views different teams heading into the season. If you pay attention to how the lines move, you might see where the smart money is going as well.
I haven't really given these much thought, but here are some off-the-cuff guesses for the Oklahoma games most likely to be listed:
- OU (-3.5) at Florida State – FSU talented and improved from last year; OU historically erratic on the road.
- Missouri at OU (-12) – Revenge game and Mizzou lost two top 10 draft picks from last year.
- OU (-7) versus Texas – Texas is still Texas.
- Texas Tech at OU (-14) – Tech will be better in Tubs' second year, right? Consider this a hedge.
- Texas A&M at OU (-9) – Could actually envision this higher; feels like OU gave away game last year.
- OU (-7.5) at Oklahoma State – Sooners have Pokes' number until proven otherwise.