After a couple weeks off, the Blatant Homerism podcast is back in full effect. Stephen Prather of the new site Coaches By The Numbers drops by to talk with Homerism about the quantitative analysis he and his colleagues are doing to better evaluate college football coaches on both the head and coordinator levels.
Stephen and I break down:
- what led to the creation of CBTN;
- who are the truly elite coaches in college football today;
- how to judge coordinators' effectiveness; and
- the best "turnaround artist" in college football; and
- how important coaches really are when it comes to recruiting.
(Subscribe to the podcast through iTunes. Rate the podcast with iTunes, too, if you get a chance. Thanks.)