Paul Thompson won a special place in Oklahoma Sooners lore by stepping in at quarterback to lead OU to the 2006 Big 12 championship. Paul drops by for a podcast to reminisce about the old days, talk about what he's doing now and give his take on the state of the program in 2011.
Paul and I discuss:
- Rhett Bomar's dismissal and the circumstances surrounding his move back to QB on the eve of fall camp;
- what made the '06 team so special;
- the hardest parts of quarterbacking at OU;
- the keys to Josh Heupel's success at developing quarterbacks and his long-term prospects as a head coach;
- Paul's outlook for the 2011 season; and
- what Paul's working on now.
(Subscribe to the podcast through iTunes. Rate the podcast with iTunes, too, if you get a chance. Thanks.)