CLICK HERE to download the podcast.
The National Labor Relations Board's ruling in favor of a petition by Northwestern football players to form a union could have major ripple effects for college football and college athletics on the whole. NCAA expert John Infante of athleticscholarship.net's Bylaw Blog joins the podcast to assess the decision and its implications for the future.
John and I cover:
- The rationale behind the NLRB's decision and what it means in the short term;
- The likelihood that the decision moves the NCAA and its member schools to strike a deal with to compensate athletes;
- What that deal might look like;
- Concerns that the decision will ruin college sports;
- The potential for Congress to intervene;
- And more.
(CLICK HERE to download the podcast. Subscribe to Blatant Homerism's Podcast through iTunes. Please rate and review the show if you get the chance, too. Thanks.)